Cookies and Desserts
This cake is perfect served by itself or as a base for other desserts. It is moist and delicious.
Recipe By : Sitara
Serving Size : 10 Preparation Time :1:00
Categories : Cakes Desserts
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 sticks butter -- room temperature
3 cups sugar
7 large eggs -- room temperature
3 cups cake flour
1 large lemon -- juiced
1 teaspoon vanilla
Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature.
Grease and flour a 10" tube pan or bunt pan.
1. In mixer bowl beat till light and fluffy the butter and sugar.
2. Add the eggs and beat till creamy and fluffy.
3. With mixer on low add the flour a little at a time till incorporated and beat till fluffy.
4. Add the lemon juice and vanilla and beat again till fluffy.
5. Pour batter into pan and put pan IN A COLD OVEN. Turn the oven on to 375, when the oven reaches 375 set timer for 15 minutes.
6. When 15 minutes are up TURN THE OVEN OFF AND LEAVE THE CAKE IN THE OVEN for
15 minutes more. DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR.
7. Cool on wire rack before removing cake from pan.
Serve this pound cake all by itself, or drizzled with your favorite fresh fruits, or topped with ice cream and chocolate sauce.
My favorite way to serve it is still this:
Butter lightly both sides of a slice of pound cake and grill in a skillet or on a griddle till golden on each side. Top with a scoop of good vanilla ice cream, fresh macerated strawberries and Chantilly Cream. It's the most delicious strawberry shortcake ever.
Of course you can grill the pound cake and make a completely decadent hot fudge pound cake out of it as well. Along with the hot fudge sauce put a drizzle of raspberry liquor.....let your imagination go crazy!!